My Sweet Cup of Autumn recipe is adapted from by “Oh She Glows” Velvetty Butternut Cinnamon, date smoothie http://ohsheglows.com/2013/09/27/velvety-butternut-cinnamon-date-smoothie-for-two/comment-page-2/#comments
- 1-1/2+ c almond milk
- 1-1/4c roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped medjool dates (I used packaged pitted and already chopped)
- 1 tbls chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- a sprinkle of ground cloves
Mix all ingredients together in blender or food processor.
- 3 tbls walnuts, pinenuts, pecans (or any preferred nuts), oats
- 1-2 tsp Rapadura/organic cane sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
Chop the nuts and toast them in a small pan, sprinkle with rapadura and cinnamon.
When nuts are cooled top the Spiced Butternut Squash and serve with a spoon!