Stewed lentils, Lenticchie Stuffate in Italian, are amongst one of my favorite foods. And are soooo good for me! Lots of protein!
My recipe comes from my life in Italy:
- 1/2 lb. dried Lentils, sorted & rinsed
- 1/2 a small white Onion, chopped
- 2 small Carrots, diced
- 1 small stalk of Celery, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tbls fresh Tomato Sauce (recipe here,https://judifood.com/2013/10/19/sugo-di-pomodorotomato-sauce/)
- 3+ cups Vegetable Broth (recipe here, http://www.squidoo.com/vegetable-broth)
- 1 tbls Evo
- 1/4 tsp ground Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Sautee’ the vegetables in the evo until onion is translucent. Add the rinsed Lentils to the pan and let sautee’ a couple minutes.
Put the sautéed lentils and veggies in the crock pot on high and add 3 cups vegetable broth, tomato sauce and thyme.
2 Poached eggs, steamed Bok Choy and stewed lentils, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, YUM!