I love roasted chicken and when I wind up with left overs I make Chicken Salad!
I really don’t measure my ingredients, depending on how much chicken I have I toss it all together,
- Chicken, skinned, boned and chopped into cubes or small pieces.
- Celery, chopped, I like my salad loaded with celery!
- Onion, white, yellow, red, use what you have!
- Green Onion, gives a great taste, yes, use it along with another onion above!
- Mayonnaise , this is my recipe, it is super easy and quick and there is NO comparison to the store bought junk!
- Dijon Mustard, use just a little to give a twist of flavor, (optional).
- Salt & Pepper, I usually season the chicken before i mix the ingredients together, just a dash or two.
*It’s as easy as that! It only needs a few hours to settle and cool in the fridge.
I love my Chicken Salad topped with hemp seeds or a little gommasio, on greens such as spinach, kale or served in endive leaves.
*In my cover photo, fresh spinach and steamed baby broccoli.